Instructor Terms & Conditions
These Instructor Terms were last updated 22 February, 2021.
As an instructor, you are contracting directly with Heealy. (Hashtaqs Pte. Ltd, based in Singapore), regardless of whether another subsidiary facilitates payments to you.
1. Obligations of Heealy Instructors
As an instructor, you are responsible for all content that you post, including forum posts, social media posts, on-demand, LIVE or corporate training sessions, lectures, quizzes, exercises, practice tests, assignments, resources, answers, course landing page content, and announcements (“Submitted Content“).
You represent and warrant that:
- you will provide and maintain accurate account information;
- your Submitted Content will not infringe or misappropriate any third party’s intellectual property rights;
- you have the required qualifications, credentials, and expertise (including education, training, knowledge, and skill sets) to teach and offer the services that you offer through your Submitted Content and use of the Services; and
- you will ensure a quality of service that corresponds with the standards of your industry and instruction services in general.
You warrant that you will not:
- post or provide any inappropriate, offensive, racist, hateful, sexist, pornographic, false, misleading, incorrect, infringing, defamatory or libelous content or information;
- post or transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, or any other form of solicitation (commercial or otherwise) through the Services or to any user;
- use the Services for business other than providing tutoring, teaching, and instructional services to learners;
- engage in any activity that would require us to obtain licenses from or pay royalties to any third party, including the need to pay royalties for the public performance of a musical work or sound recording;
- frame or embed the Services (such as to embed a free version of a course) or otherwise circumvent the Services;
- impersonate another person or gain unauthorized access to another person’s account;
- interfere with or otherwise prevent other instructors from providing their services or courses;
- duplicate the exact online content developed by yourself or others, which has been currently present on another platform;
- plagiarize any existing content for your course development work or
- abuse Heealy’s resources, including support services.
2. License to Heealy
Heealy may record all or any part of your Submitted Content for quality control and for delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, or operating the Services. You grant Heealy permission to use your name, likeness, voice, and image in connection with offering, delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, and selling the Services, your Submitted Content, or Heealy’s content, and you waive any rights of privacy, publicity, or other rights of a similar nature, to the extent permissible under applicable law.
3. Trust & Safety
3.1 Trust & Safety Policies
You agree to abide by Heealy’s Trust & Safety policies, Restricted Topics policy, and other course quality standards or policies prescribed by Heealy from time to time. You should check these policies periodically to ensure that you comply with any updates to them. You understand that your use of the Services is subject to Heealy’s approval, which we may grant or deny at our sole discretion.
We reserve the right to remove courses, suspend payouts, and/or ban instructors for any reason at any time, without prior notice, including in cases where:
- a course falls below our quality standards or has a negative impact on the learners experience;
- an instructor engages in behavior that might reflect unfavorably on Heealy or bring Heealy into public disrepute, contempt, scandal, or ridicule;
- an instructor engages the services of a marketer or other business partner who violates Heealy’s policies;
- an instructor replicates Heealy’s business model for his/her own advantage or
- as determined by Heealy in its sole discretion.
3.2 Co-Instructors and Teaching Assistants
The Heealy platform allows you to add other users as co-instructors or teaching assistants for courses that you manage. By adding a co-instructor or teaching assistant, you understand that you are authorizing them to take certain actions that affect your Heealy account and courses. Heealy is not able to advise on any questions or mediate any disputes between you and such users. If your co-instructors have an assigned revenue share, their share will be paid out of your earned revenue share based on the ratios you have specified in your Course Management settings as of the date of the purchase or as agreed internally at your own discretion.
3.3 Relationship to Other Users
Instructors don’t have a direct contractual relationship with learners, so the only information you’ll receive about learners is what is provided to you through the Services. You agree that you will not use the data you receive for any purpose other than providing your services to those students on the Heaaly platform, and that you won’t solicit additional personal data or store students’ personal data outside the Heealy platform. You will indemnify Heealy against any claims arising from your use of learners’ personal data.
3.4 Anti-Piracy Efforts
We may partner with anti-piracy vendors to help protect your courses from unauthorized use once Heealy is launched globally with massive users. To enable this protection, you hereby appoint Heealy and our anti-piracy vendors as your agents for the purpose of enforcing copyrights for each of your courses, through notice and takedown processes (under applicable copyright laws like the Digital Millennium Copyright Act) and for other efforts to enforce those rights. You grant Heealy and our anti-piracy vendors primary authority to file notices on your behalf to enforce your copyright interests.
You agree that Heealy and our anti-piracy vendors will retain the above rights unless you revoke them by sending an email to email@example.com with the subject line: “Revoke Anti-Piracy Protection Rights” from the email address associated with your account. Any revocation of rights will be effective 48 hours after we receive it when the anti-piracy efforts take effect.
4.1 Price Setting
When creating a course, you will be prompted to select a base price (“Base Price“) for your course from a list of available price tiers. Alternatively, you may choose to offer your course for free. As a premium instructor, you will also be given the opportunity to participate in certain promotional programs under the terms of our Promotions Policy (“Promotional Programs“).
If you do not opt to participate in any Promotional Programs, we will list your course for the Base Price or the closest local or mobile app equivalent (as detailed below).
When a learner purchases using a foreign currency, we will convert the relevant Base Price or Promotional Program price into the learner’s applicable currency using a system-wide foreign currency conversion rate set by Heealy and fixed periodically into a table of corresponding price tiers by currency (“Price Tier Matrix“). Since the Price Tier Matrix is fixed, those conversion rates may not be identical to the applicable market rate in effect when a transaction is processed. We reserve the right to update the Price Tier Matrix at any time.
When a learner purchases through a mobile application when available, the mobile platform provider’s pricing matrix will control, and we will choose the price tier closest to the applicable Base Price or Promotional Program price. Because mobile platforms impose their own currency conversion rates, conversions for mobile app prices may not match the conversions in the Price Tier Matrix.
You give us permission to share your courses for free with our employees, with selected partners, and in cases where we need to restore access accounts who have previously purchased your courses. You understand that you will not receive compensation in these cases.
You also give us permission to promote you before, during and after a Health & Wellness webinar which can be conducted by Heealy or co-organised with partner(s), in which the panel discussion sessions are pro-bono and you are invited as a speaker/panelist in the webinar session.
You understand that you will not receive compensation in this case.
4.2 Transaction Taxes
If a learner purchases a product or service in a country that requires Heealy to remit national, state, or local sales or use taxes, value added taxes (VAT), or other similar transaction taxes (“Transaction Taxes“), under applicable law, we will collect and remit those Transaction Taxes to the competent tax authorities for those sales. We may increase the sale price at our discretion where we determine that such taxes may be due. For purchases through mobile applications when made available to the public, applicable Transaction Taxes are collected by the mobile platform (such as Apple’s App Store or Google Play).
4.3 Promotional Programs
Heealy offers several optional marketing programs (Promotional Programs) in which you can choose to participate, as detailed in our Promotions Policy. These programs can help increase your revenue potential on Heealy by finding the optimal price point for your courses and promoting them through additional marketing channels.
There is no up-front cost to participate in these programs, and you can modify your participation status at any time, though changes you make will not apply to currently active campaigns. You may refer to the Heealy instructors’ prospectus for your reference of the various packages.
5.1 Revenue Share
When a learner purchases your course, we calculate the gross amount of the sale as the amount actually received by Heealy from the learner (“Gross Amount“). From this, we subtract any Transaction Taxes, any mobile platform fees applied to mobile provider checkout sales, a 3% administrative and handling fee (except in Japan, where we subtract a 4% fee) for any non-mobile provider checkout sales, and any amounts paid to third parties in connection with the Promotional Programs to calculate the net amount of the sale (“Net Amount“).
If you have not opted into any of Heealy’s optional Promotional Programs, your revenue share will be as follows:
- On-demand pre-recorded online training sessions:
- Majority of the fees will be for our instructors at 75% of the total course amount. The remaining 25% is for Heealy to maintain the platform, coordinate with users and instructors, to market the courses and instructors.
- For sales derived through Heealy’s marketing efforts, majority of the fee will be for our instructors at 60% of the total course amount. 40% of the total fees is for Heealy to moderate the LIVE online masterclass, provide the online video conference platform for the LIVE masterclass, coordinate with instructors and attendees, market the LIVE online masterclass to the community.
- Live online training/coaching sessions:
- Majority of the fee will be for our instructors at 70% of the total course amount. The remaining 30% is for Heealy to maintain the platform, coordinate with learners and instructors, and to market the courses and instructors.
- For sales derived through Heealy’s marketing efforts (through webinar, social media marketing, newsletter shoutouts), majority of the fee will be for our instructors at 55% of the total course amount. 45% of the total fees is for Heealy to moderate the LIVE online masterclass, provide the online video conference platform for the LIVE masterclass, coordinate with instructors and attendees, market the LIVE online masterclass to the community.
If you opt into any of the Promotional Programs, the relevant revenue share may be different and will be as specified in the Promotions Policy.
Heealy makes all instructor payments in U.S. dollars (USD) regardless of the currency with which the sale was made. We will assume transaction processing fees, excluding foreign currency conversion fees and wiring fees. Your revenue report will show the sales price (in local currency) and your converted revenue amount (in USD).
5.2 Receiving Payments
For us to pay you in a timely manner, you must own a PayPal or TransferWise account in good standing and must keep us informed of the correct email associated with your account. You must also provide any identifying information or tax documentation (such as a W-9 or W-8) necessary for payment of amounts due, and you agree that we have the right to withhold appropriate taxes from your payments. We reserve the right to withhold payments or impose other penalties if we do not receive proper identifying information or tax documentation from you. You understand and agree that you are ultimately responsible for any taxes on your income.
Depending on the applicable revenue share model, payment will be made within 30 days of the end of the month in which (a) we receive the fee for a course or (b) the relevant course consumption occurred.
As an instructor, you are responsible for determining whether you are eligible to be paid by a SG company. We reserve the right not to pay out funds in the event of identified fraud, violations of intellectual property rights, or other violations of the law.
If we cannot settle funds into your payment account after the period of time set forth by your state, country, or other government authority in its unclaimed property laws, we may process the funds due to you in accordance with our legal obligations, including by submitting those funds to the appropriate government authority as required by law.
If a learner asks for a refund after we have paid the relevant instructor payment, we reserve the right to either (1) deduct the amount of the refund from the next payment sent to the instructor or (2) where no further payments are due to the instructor or the payments are insufficient to cover the refunded amounts, require the instructor to refund any amounts refunded to learners for the instructor’s courses.
While you are a published instructor and subject to the requirements below, you may use our trademarks where we authorize you to do so.
- only use the images of our trademarks that we make available to you, as detailed in any guidelines we may publish;
- only use our trademarks in connection with the promotion and sale of your Heealy courses or your participation on Heealy; and
- immediately comply if we request that you discontinue use.
You must not:
- use our trademarks in a misleading or disparaging way;
- use our trademarks in a way that implies that we endorse, sponsor, or approve of your courses or services; or
- use our trademarks in a way that violates applicable law or in connection with an obscene, indecent, or unlawful topic or material.
7. Sanctions and Export Laws
You warrant that you aren’t restricted from using the Services under Singapore sanctions or export laws (as an individual or as an officer, director, or controlling shareholder of any entity on whose behalf you use the Services). If you become subject to such a restriction while you are subject to these Instructor Terms, you will notify Heealy within 24 hours, and we will have the right to terminate any further obligations to you, effective immediately and with no further liability to you (but without prejudice to your outstanding obligations to Heealy). You will not use the Services to conduct or facilitate any transaction with any other individual or entity subject to such a restriction. You may not remove, export, or allow the export or re-export of the Services (or any product thereof, including technical data) outside the Singapore in violation of any restrictions, laws, or regulations of the U.S. or any other applicable country.
8. Deleting your Account
You may choose to delete your account by informing Heealy at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject line: Delete instructor account.
We’ll use commercially reasonable efforts to make any remaining scheduled payments that are owed to you before deleting your account. You understand that if learners have previously enrolled in your courses, your name and that Submitted Content will remain accessible to those learners after your account is deleted. If you need help or encounter difficulty deleting your account, you can contact us via email directly.
9. Miscellaneous Legal Terms
9.1 Updating These Terms
From time to time, we may update these Terms to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different practices (such as when we add new features), and Heealy reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify and/or make changes to these Terms at any time. If we make any material change, we will notify you using prominent means such as by email notice sent to the email address specified in your account or by posting a notice through our Services. Modifications will become effective on the day they are posted unless stated otherwise.
Your continued use of our Services after changes become effective shall mean that you accept those changes. Any revised Terms shall supersede all previous Terms.
Any version of these Terms in a language other than English is provided for convenience when required and you understand and agree that the English language will control if there is any conflict.
9.3 Relationship Between Us
You and we agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, contractor, or agency relationship exists between us.
The following sections shall survive the expiration or termination of these Terms: Sections 2 (License to Heealy), 3.3 (Relationship to Other Users), 5.2 (Receiving Payments), 5.3 (Refunds), 8 (Deleting Your Account), and 9 (Miscellaneous Legal Terms).
10. Contact Us
The best way to get in touch with us is to contact us directly at email@example.com. We’d love to hear your questions, concerns, and feedback about our Services.