“Knowledge is power. Complete knowledge is freedom, because only the truth sets you free!”
Welcome to an intensive course which reveals scientific truths related to our health which we are entitled to know but which never made it to mainstream education. Integration of knowledge from the past and present is critical at this juncture so that we can reclaim our health, reduce dependence on modern invasive drugs and prevent diseases. We suffer due to ignorance.
Course facilitator: Dr. Arora, Doctor of Natural Medicine (MDAM) with specialization in Advanced Ayurveda (IAA, Pune, India) and Nutrition (London). With more than a decade in clinical experience, Dr. Arora has designed customized metabolic harmony programs for many which have changed the course of their health. Now, she seeks to empower groups.
Dr Arora has distilled theory and practical healthcare aspects of Ayurveda in this super-intensive power course which can give any enthusiast a firm foundation in self-health care on which to build on. It covers the THREE CORE PILLARS OF HEALTH namely:
– Metabolic Gut Health & Harmony through the right balance of nourishing and cleansing food – the key to a healthy liver and stronger immune system
– Movements & Breathwork to boost circulation of prana/life energy, oxygen, blood and nutrients to reach deep-seated cells and tissues, and for the effective release of toxins on a daily basis.
– Mindfulness, Releasing Emotional Stress and Relaxation: The key to rejuvenation is a relaxed yet aware mind. Introduction to Vedic science of consciousness and applications to a calmer mind.
Who can benefit from this course?
This is a basic level course suitable for any health enthusiast, age 18 plus. If you are a professional practitioner in alternative fields like Yoga, Reiki, Massage, Life Coaching, Doulas, Spa/Health Resort owner, Nutrition chef, etc., this course will help widen your horizons to integrate Ayurvedic principles. It is also recommended for mainstream medical professionals and healthcare providers to understand the scientific role of diet and herbs in prevention and first-aid cure.
“According to Ayurveda, if we eat, live and rest mindfully in harmony with our unique metabolic system, we can prevent diseases, and stay healthy with youthful energy until we die!
- Lectures 33
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 720 mins
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
Module 1 (90 mins)
Principles of Ayuverda & concept of bioenergies
- Introduction to key principles of Ayurveda
- Understanding the concept of 3 bioenergies (dosha)
- Exploring the 5 great elements (mahabhuta)
- Uncovering the 7 core body tissues (dhatu)
- Discovering the underlying governing principles of your health
- Understanding the practical implications of VATA, PITTA and KAPHA
Module 2 (90 mins)
Health, food & lifestyle balance
Module 3 (90 min)
Food classification, toxins & holistic diet
- Understanding the energetics of food & classification according to Rasa (taste), Veerya (heating/ cooling) potency), Vipaka (post-digestive effect) & Prabhava (special effect)
- Categorising food and superfood in Nature – Nourishing/ Rasayana, Cleansing Food
- Understanding the concept of Ama (toxins)
- Tuning in to tongue/ taste buds Intelligence
- Exploring food combinations which are toxic
- Understanding the effects of toxic ingredients in modern processed/fast/ packed food on liver/kidneys.
- Reviewing holistic diet guidelines including choice of kitchen utensils, cooking oil, etc.
Module 4 (90 min)
Ojhas, detoxification and therapeutic fasting
- Concept of Ojas : Basis of Immunity intelligence and wellness
- Understanding the factors which increase and decrease our ojas
- Recognising top Ojhas food according to Ayurveda
- Understanding the concept of Detoxification
- Implementing therapeutic fasting, different fasting for different body types & its guidelines.
Module 5 (90 mins)
- Effect of emotions on organs via taste energetics
- Introduction to Herbal Science and Common Healing Kitchen Herbs
- Preparation methods and applications
- Quick & effective herbal medicine prepared in your kitchen for common ailments: flu, cough, cold, diarrhea, constipation, headache, migraine, cramps, bleeding, etc. We cover more than 12 ailments
Module 6 (90 min):
Practical demos of Ayuverdic healing food
- Practical demo videos of basic Ayurvedic healing food namely khichadi, liver detox brahmi salad, wild pepper leaf wraps, lemon peel pickle, amalaki gooseberry preserves, antiflu Ayurvedic green chutney , herbal teas and soups. “We can live without food and water for a few days, but we cannot live without air for more than a few minutes!” “To live right, breathe right. We are born with a predetermined number of breaths. Use them wisely.” – Vedic wisdom
Module 7 (90 min)
Breathing & energy vortices
- Understanding the basic principles of Pranayama/ Breathing. Understanding the anatomy and science of breathing, effect on hormones as per modern studies.
- Applying ancient yoga breathing techniques in daily life to improve chi/prana/ life force circulation.
- Introducing the concept of chi/ life force/ 7 chakra energy vortices.
Module 8 (90 min)
Mind, nutrition & the vedic concept